My experience in Strategic Planning spans twenty-five years and is focused on linking strategy to aligned action
The Strategic Planning process will be one that defines an inspired future and then aligns participants on follow-up, action…and results.
Our approach to Strategic Planning combines:
- Jim Collin’s “Hedgehog” Concept. “What is your organization best at? What drives your revenue engine? What are you / your employees passionate about? And…where do these intersect?
- Zuckerman, Health Care Strategic Planning. While this model was developed with the healthcare industry in mind, it is widely applicable and time tested in other sectors.
- S.O.A.R: Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations and Resources. This model is based on Appreciative Inquiry and is a highly positive approach to defining futures.
Strategic Planning engagements usually include three phases:
- Assessment: the organization’s business, climate and current status
- Stakeholder Interviews: we conduct third party objective interviews with those who determine organizational success
- Strategic Retreat: We design and facilitate half-day, full-day or in some cases a two-day Strategic meeting or retreat, the outcome of which is a Strategic Plan